- Acupuncture – insertion of very fine needles along the acupuncture meridians of the body to elicit certain health regulating effects. Acupuncture increases blood flow and overall circulation, decreases the adrenal output of cortisol (a “stress hormone”). and increases endorphins, our relaxation/ feel good hormones. Increased blood flow decreases pain, and assists tissue healing. We use acupuncture to regulate the body and assist with basic functions like digestion, sleep, and energy production.
- Electro-Acupuncture – needles are attached to a device that generates continuous electric pulses using small clips. These devices are used to adjust the frequency and intensity of the impulse being delivered, depending on the condition being treated.
- Cupping – Cupping is a therapy used in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) to remove stagnation and stimulate the flow of qi (chi). Qi is the free flow of vital energy circulating through the body and the world around us, if the qi is disrupted or disturbed, it can create stagnation (blockages) or imbalances in the body.
- Heat Therapy –The TDP heat lamp is different from most heating devices in that it features a special mineral heating plate made of a heat-treated black clay which contains 33 mineral elements. When activated, this plate emits infrared electromagnetic energy, called FIM (Far-Infrared Mineral) which penetrates deep into the body. These far-infrared waves are similar to the far-infrared waves generated by our own bodies. This allows for more natural and efficient penetration and absorption into tissues.
THERAPEUTIC BENEFITS OF TDP HEAT THERAPY
- Strengthens the immune system, by improving lymph circulation
- Dilates blood vessels and increases blood flow and oxygen saturation to tissues
- Enhances white blood cell function and helps eliminate cellular waste
- Decreases inflammation and edema from tissue injury
- Relieves pain
- Heals skin disorders
- Balances the nervous system
- Sends warmth into the acupuncture meridians
- Burlington Acupuncture431 Pine Street, ST 312
Burlington, VT 05401802-230-0909
- Sign up to receive news and updates and get my free report:
- • Autumn Immunity •
- • Healthy Breakfast Ideas for Fall •
- • Breathwork in Lung Season •